GDRFA Now has Provision for GCC Residents to Apply for UAE Entry Permit
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), Dubai recently announced that people residing in the GCC countries who wish to visit the UAE can now obtain entry permits prior to their travel through their online service. This service will provide a hassle-free process to travellers who wish to enter the UAE.
With the entry permit, residents of the GCC countries, their dependents and others accompanying them can stay in the UAE for 30 days. If they wish to extend the entry visa, they must leave the country and apply for a new one as the entry visa extension for an additional 30 days is no longer available.
To apply, here are the conditions GDRFA has outlined for the GCC residents.
- The applicant must have a valid GCC country residence permit for at least one year.
- The traveller must not have any restrictions that prevent them from entering the UAE.
- Their work or residency card must include their profession.
Documents Required for the Entry Permit Application
The official website of GDRFA suggests that the following documents have to be submitted by the applicants from the GCC countries to apply for the Entry Permit.
- Original passport.
- Present the original residence permit issued by a GCC country, upon arrival.
- A civil or labour card.
The application process is as follows:
- Visit the GDRFA website, go to ‘Entry permit for residents in GCC countries’ and click on ‘Start service’.
- Register or log in to your online account. If you have an existing GDRFA account or a UAE Pass, you can use that to log in to the online services portal. Else, click on ‘Register now’ and follow the steps to create an account.
- Fill in the form by providing required details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Make the fee payment using a credit or debit card.
- Submit the application.
The fee for the entry permit is AED250 and an additional 5% Value Added Tax will have to be paid as well. Once the application is approved, the entry permit will be issued within 48 hours.