How to Obtain the Emirates ID Card within 24 Hours
One of the most important documents that you must have on you at all times while living in the UAE is the Emirates ID card. This identification card is required to prove your identity to the authorities as and when required and also serves many other purposes. The card issued by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security takes several days to weeks to get in hand. However, it is now possible to get the Emirates ID within 24 hours. Here’s how!
The urgent service is available for an immediate service price and is issued by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship themselves. The service is available for citizens and residents of UAE of all age groups while:
- Applying for the first time
- Renewing an expired card
- Replacing a damaged or lost Emirates ID.
This emergency service is called Fawri and is available at all ICP centers. The steps to avail Fawri service are as follows:
- Approach ICP’s Customer Happiness Centre – the Al Nahda Centre is the right place if you are in Dubai, and fill in an application form. You can also download UAE ICP app from the App store or Play store as an alternate method and request a replacement of the ID card.
- Submit necessary documents including original valid passport and a recent photograph.
- Pay the required fees - AED300 as the service fee and AED70 as application fee.
- Upon applying, the applicant will receive a text from the ICP regarding the status of the submitted application and the expected delivery date, which most likely will be within the next 24 hours.
- Once you receive the notification of the card availability, contact the Emirates Post to organise the receipt of the card.
Please note, the eForm or the online application costs AED40 and the express service costs an additional AED150.