Unite for safety - Keep your hands Clean
Cleanliness is of utmost importance when it comes to keeping diseases at bay. Certain illnesses including flu can easily be contained if we follow certain hygiene protocol. The most significant one being washing our hands. As part of creating awareness among our customers, the Al Nahda Center organised an awareness campaign: Unite for Safety – Keep your hands clean.
The campaign spoke about the importance of hand washing. Our hands often touch things that may be contaminated and this could lead to flu, cold, infection, food poisoning etc. The best way to control this is by washing hands as often as we can, and making sure that we do not touch our nose or mouth unnecessarily.
Even though there had been awareness drives across the world on hand hygiene on the wake of COVID-19, a lot of people still do not understand the importance of it. So, the DHA nursing staff at the Al Nahda Center took an initiative to spread awareness among our staff and customers in order to help them stay healthy and keep all the viruses and infections away.
Here is how you can ensure that your hands are clean –
- Wet both your hands with water, preferably running water.
- Apply soap (handwash preferred) on your hands and rub them well.
- Lather it and ensure that your hands, fingers, nails and wrists are covered.
- Scrub the areas with your fingers, or fingertips for 20 seconds.
- Remove the lather from your hands with water, preferably running water.
- Air dry your hands and wrists or dry them using clean towel.
- Repeat this every 4-5 hours.
Washing your hands is crucial while you visit public places. For instance, when you use a public toilet, make sure that you wash your hands right after. If soap is not available, make use of a sanitiser. Pocket sanitisers are easily available in the market, which you could carry anywhere you go.
Following these simple steps can ensure a healthy and disease-free environment. Start washing your hands now!