You Can Now Renew Your Emirates ID from Outside UAE!
Here’s good news for all UAE residents. You can now renew your Emirates ID and passport from outside the UAE! This long-awaited service has been introduced by the ICP and here’s everything you need to know.
The said service is available on ICP’s smart application. However, the important condition is that the applicant must personally apply for it through the application, ensuring that they are the rightful owners of the submitted documents. Anyone other than the transaction owner submits the request while the person is outside the UAE, the application is likely to get rejected.
An individual residing outside the UAE can access the smart application through their mobile phones, select the service for renewing ID cards from abroad, submit the application, pay fees and complete the transaction without much hassle.
Even though the entire process is seamless, there is a specific guideline while taking photograph for the document. The nine specific criteria that have to be met in order to ensure the acceptance of personal photograph through the smart application, irrespective of the age of the applicant, are:
- Wear the official attire of the UAE.
- Allow head coverings as per the traditions and customs.
- Use white background.
- The photograph must be recent, of high quality and coloured, taken within last six months (35-40 mm)
- Head must be positioned straight and parallel to the camera.
- Maintain a neutral facial expression.
- Both eyes must be kept open, facing the camera and the person shouldn’t be wearing any coloured contact lenses.
- If wearing glasses, it should not obstruct the eyes or cause reflections.
- The image resolution must be at least 600 dots per inch and should also be free from ink marks or wrinkles.
While applying for the renewal of Emirates ID, one must double check the accuracy and validity of their ID numbers and expiry dates in order to avoid confusion. They should also verify the data entered on the electronic form including their basic personal information and contact details before making the payment so that no delay occurs while processing the transaction.
Streamlining the UAE Residency Visa Process13 days ago
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our subscribers list to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly in your inbox